What is Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing?
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing is an evidence-based and effective treatment that is used to address different psychological issues and to diminish negative feelings and disturbing emotions, especially those associated with traumatic events. In particular, it is helpful in addressing past stressful situations and treating conditions such as Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Phobias, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain and Depression.
At Elumind, through EMDR we help you regain control of your life and release and process past trauma or suffering through an 8-step process:
- Take a full personal history
- Prepare the client (utilize the client’s deeper psychological resources)
- Assess the target memory
- Body scan
- Closing the session
- Evaluate treatment results
What benefits do you get from doing Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing with Elumind?
• You discover and address current or past distressing experiences by tackling these issues head on
• You remove any anxieties and negative emotions associated with traumatic or distressing experiences